Monday, May 18, 2009

Last month on April the 19th, I had the privilege of being a part of the Next Level 5 team. Next Level is a team of worshippers from different churches and church backgrounds. The theme this year was No Greater Love. Our mission is to spread the love of God and to bring unity within the body of Christ. The concert ( I hate calling it a concert...it's more like a worship event) was a mixture of gospel (like Kurt Karr and John P. Kee), hymns-mixed with some old school gruntin' yellin' gospel, worship (if that's a category), Swahili worship, and sebene (For those of you who don't know what that is...which is probably most of you...Sebene is Swahili praise music that you can really get down and dance too.) We practiced and practiced for months before hand...actually I don't think I've ever practiced so much. But it was worth it. I was so proud of them all, they did an excellent job. It was amazing worshipping and ministering with this team. Since the worship event, a lot of doors have been opening for Next Level. Please pray that we would have discernment and wisdom as God orders our steps.
The Next Level 5 Team



Chosen Generation Children's Choir
(I had so much fun working with them. The kids worked so hard and they were so dedicated. There's nothing like seeing kids worship!)



That's right...we're doing the cupid shuffle! Hey, I had to put a little American flavor to all these sebene ( I hope I spelled that right) songs!




3 comments:

pam said...

i'm so glad to see you're doing well. you are serving as such an inspiration. it is thrilling to read about your adventures and a priviledge to lift you and the ministry up in prayer.

Jan said...

Hey girl --- you are lookin' good!
You keep lovin' on those babies and we old folks will keep sending you love packages.

Unknown said...

Ms. or Mrs. Roberson, I hope all is well. I pray that God will continue to bless you and those around you. Ms. Roberson I have been researching Mr. William Roberson the first African American pharmacist to manage a major pharmicutical chain(walgreen's)in Milwaukee, Wisconsin back in 1973. Afterwards he moved his family to Tanzania were he became Principle of the school of Pharmaceutical Assistants, Muhimbili Centre of Der es Lam. He also taught Pharmacology and Forensic Pharmacy there. If you are related to Mr. Roberson or have any information about Mr. Roberson and the wonderful things that he's done, it would be greatly apperciated if you could assist me in my endeavor. I would also like to know more about you and what your doing, and if there is anything that I can do to assist you in your efforts. My family and I pray for your success, health, and safety. May God bless you and your love ones.