Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pictures of Kisooni Church in Machakos, Kenya


Choir at Kisooni
I truly enjoyed watching them. They even had choreography to every song. It was also so neat to see the kids also sing with the adults. This was truly what you call a mass choir! Me sharing at Kisooni
This was a wonderful opportunity. I was actually shacked that they asked me to preach because I was woman. I was also under the impression that the pastor was going to preach as well...but it was just me. I'm sure the people were happy to have a shorter sermon for a change!

The Best Church Ladies in Machakos

These beautiful ladies fed us after church every week. They were so sweet and loved to be able to serve. They truly have the joy of the Lord...even though you can't tell too much from the pic.

Walking back from Kisooni

I know most of you are surprised that I walked to church. Well, surprise... I did. The 1st Sunday was so funny. Ngumbi (the guy on the right) told me that it was only a 10 minute walk and we walked for an hour!!!!! Okay....it was more like 30 minutes. When I told the church, they all laughed and got reprimanded the team for not getting me a Matatu (an adventurous form of public transportation). I told them that I didn't mind...it was good exercise and a great time to fellowship.

No comments: